Student organization: CBS Students
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/645085702605406/
Event Description: CBS Students and the Business-in-Society Inequality Platform invite you to a debate on the upcoming elections for the European Parliament.
In late May, Europeans are going to the polls to elect members to the European Parliament for the next five-year period. The European elections are held in the context of a range of important challenges that affect citizens, governments, and businesses of European countries and beyond. These include increasing inequality, weak economic growth, migration, social mobility, Brexit and the cohesion of the European Union. From an educational viewpoint, internationalization of higher education also continues to be an important issue across European countries.
The debate will deal with topics related to these challenges, and how – and to what extent – the EU should respond to these issues.
The debate will feature candidates running for the EP elections
• Niels Fuglsang, Socialdemokraterne/The Social Democratic Party of Denmark
• Morten Løkkegaard, Venstre/ The Liberal Party of Denmark
• Mette Bock, Liberal Alliance/ The Liberal Alliance
• Susanna Dyre-Greensite, Folkebevægelsen mod EU/ People's Movement against the EU
• Morten Helveg Petersen, Radikale Venstre/ the Danish Social-Liberal Party
• Kuzma Pavlov Jensen, Konservative/Conservative Party
There will also be opportunities for asking questions to the candidates. The debate will be followed by a reception.
The debate will be conducted in English and will be moderated by Mette Frobenius
Date: Monday 13 May
Time: 15:00-16:30 (followed by reception)
Place: ’Ovnhallen’, ’the Kiln’, CBS, Porcelænshaven 20, Frederiksberg